Friday, January 7, 2011

Porter teaches First grade
































Porter got the oppertunity to teach class this week as the Resident Expert. His topic of choice
was honeybees. He was so excited to learn all about bees, how they make honey and how the farmers harvest the honey. Our Bishop is such a cute man he was able to come in and help Porter one day this week . He keeps bees at his house and he harvests honey each fall. So he brought some of the tools used and the bee suit for porter to wear and demonstrate. He brought one of the frames where the bees store thier honey. He even brought raw honey in for all the kids to taste. It was so much fun for Porter to have Bishop join him. You could tell that he thought he was pretty cool brining in a guest speaker.
Porter says in the begining. Today I am going to teach you how to harvest honey. This is my friend Mark Firth he is my bishop, well my old bishop. ( that was pretty cute, it got a chuckle from bishop) then he says Bishop this is my class and this is my teacher. he is so grown up.
Very sweetly after that Bishop took over and went on to explain his process. What a great week for Porter. He is getting so big he loved the oppertunity to teach in class. He asked me just this morning if he though he would beable to teach again. :) I sure hope so it was a fun week.

2 comments:

Heather said...

That is so cute, I love the bee suit! He is such a little man. He is 6 going on 60... seriously! I love him.

Ella said...

Fantastic Porter!!!! I am so proud of you. I wish I could have been there to see you teach your class. Good luck at basketball this week. Loving and missing you all. Grandma Ella