Well Brian and I finally decided that it was time for Porter to start doing chores to earn the things that he gets. We told him that he can earn his money in marbles and when he has earned 30 marbles he can go to the store and pick something that he wants. so he is saving for a skateboard. However, the saving situation has gone a little like this...
P: I don't even like to earn.
P: how about I earn it later.
P: why don't you just buy it for me.
P: lets just use your money.
So as you can see I have been holding strong and not giving in. YEA go me!!!
But he did earn a actual dollar bill and he wanted to go to the dollar store and spend it. So I took him and he found a baton (spelling). We bought it and then we got to the car and he is carrying his new treasure and
he tells me : where is my dollar mom.
I say: it is now in the Lady's cash register.
He says: but why?
I said because you decided to spend your dollar on your new toy.
he says: But I really miss my dollar (crying now)
I said: yeah it is really sad to spend the money that you worked so hard to get isn't it.
He says: yeah I just want to spend your money.
I said: but then I will be sad to cause my money will be gone. Maybe next time you will just save your money so that you will not miss it.




2 comments:
I love that story that is so funny!! My kids just tell me to write a check mom. I love the pictures of them jumping off the tractor. We have such different lives. My girls love to just sit and play dolls and stuff. No wonder poor Tuff wants a brother!
Love the conversation!!! Porter is so smart! He definitely knows how to get what he wants. Good for you for being tough!!! Jaime, can I use your money next time we go to the store? That sounds fun!
Post a Comment